TREKSONOMA – Healdsburg Ranch and Willow Creek
Cycle Across Sonoma County
Friday, October 11 thru Sunday, October 13, 2019
(930am Friday to 2pm Sunday)
($50 deposit online; balance of $235 due within 2 weeks)
Includes all meals, drinks, and gear transport from and return to Santa Rosa at the journey’s end.
Food is as locally-sourced and as healthful as possible; chef-prepared.
Access to these amazing properties with a docent.
REGISTRATION OPENS AT 6PM ON MAY 22, 2019
LIMITED TO 25 PARTICIPANTS - WAIT LIST AVAILABLE ONCE THE TOUR FILLS
Leaders: Meghan Walla-Murphy, Hut Wade & Volunteers
NOTE: Each participant needs to sign up separately
Santa Rosa Cycling Club and LandPaths warmly invite you to join us this fall for an unparalleled outdoor adventure - three days spent cycling and trekking through our local landscape to two amazing outdoor camping spots. This tour offers a chance to experience the landscape as a connected whole - to see it as habitat for wildlife, plants and humans alike. It's a rare chance to grapple firsthand with a patchwork of barriers and access points that both humans and wildlife face when traversing open spaces and waterways of our county.
This tour, especially the time spent on our overnight spots, allows us to sink into a different rhythm with the land and each other. We'll enjoy communal meals, music and evenings around a campfire, pitching tents at scenic campsites. Gear will be shuttled, allowing participants to spend the day with only a daypack, as we focus on local food and vistas, celebrating the great natural resources and agricultural landscapes of Sonoma County.
- Day 1: Participants will meet on Friday, October 11 at Finley Park in Santa Rosa (park in the lot off Stony Pt Rd), drop off camping gear (see below), and ride to Warnecke Ranch or another ranch in Healdsburg. Rides from 21-45 miles are available. Setup camp, hike the preserve and enjoy a meal with fellow participants. And bring your swimsuits, the ranch has access to the river!
- Day 2: Ride from Healdsburg to Willow Creek Preserve on Saturday, October 12. Rides from 36-45 miles are available. Setup camp, hike the preserve and enjoy a meal with fellow participants.
- Day 3: Ride back to the start on Sunday October 13. Rides from 30-40 miles are available.TrekSonoma staff will meet you with your gear.
- Note: there are options to make rides longer and/or more challenging. The low end mileage for each ride listed above is the minimum riding distance each day. All participants need to be able to complete the rides from location-to-location each day. SAG is NOT available to transport participants. Assistance will be provided for emergencies/mechanical issues ONLY.
Meeting time and location:
- 9:30 am, October 11 at Finley Park. Bring your camping gear (see below). Rides will depart around 10am (we will have a lunch you can bring on the road).
- We expect to end the trip around 2pm on Sunday, October 13 in the same location.
- Additional information will be forwarded to trip participants in advance.
Cycling routes: multiple routes to choose from – something for all skill and pace levels. Routes will be sent to participants and will range from 30 to 45+ miles. There will be no SAG vehicle; participants need to be self-sufficient on the rides.
What to Bring:
- Participants need to bring their own sleeping bag, pad and tent (rental of tents and air mats available), bike, riding gear, and clothes/toiletries for the evening. LandPaths shuttles the luggage (one small bag/duffle) and equipment between night stays.
- Note that these are not campgrounds - there are limited facilities. There will be portable restrooms and only solar or propane camp showers.
- Daypack/string bag (for lunch/snacks), water bottle, and miscellany for rides.
- A complete gear list will be made available prior to the trip to all registered participants.
LandPaths Will Provide:
- All group camping gear (kitchen, cooking gear, loo, bathing station, dining tent)
- LandPaths will provide beautifully prepared healthy foods with some gluten- free options. If you have dietary restrictions, please let us know and be sure to pack what you need in order to stay nourished.
- Meals provided: "bag" lunch Fri/Sat/Sun; dinner Fri and Sat; breakfast Sat and Sun.
AND... by participating in this tour, you will be supporting a local non-profit with a mission to foster a love of the land in Sonoma County. LandPaths creates ways for people to experience the beauty, understand the value, and assist in healing the land in their local communities. SRCC has been a long time supporter of LandPaths.
- Participants will need to sign a liability waiver.
- There will be an emergency vehicle at the camping spot that can transport participants in the case of an emergency.
- Within 30 days of registration (by June 22), you will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations after June 22: No refunds will be granted for a cancellation and the full tour fee is payable*.
*If SRCC is able to replace you with someone from the tour waiting list, or in the case of medical or family emergencies, refunds of up to the full tour fee, less any costs expended and not refunded to SRCC due to the cancellation, may be granted.
Note: tour cancellation fees vary based on tour costs and financial obligations.
We reserve the right to cancel or modify trips for any reason if circumstances make it necessary. In the event that SRCC needs to cancel, we will do our best to provide a 30 day notice and a full refund for monies received. Refunds will be for the tour fee only, less any costs expended and not refunded to SRCC due to the cancellation, and do not include transportation, hotel or other expenses incurred on the part of tour participants. Tours are generally held rain or shine. Thanks for your support and understanding.
Note that registration for SRCC tours is open to current club members only.