Note: while we are hopeful that issues related to the Coronavirus (Covid-19) will not interfere with this tour, we will not be making any expenditures for this tour until late June.
If at that time a cancellation is likely, we will be able to refund your FULL deposit. Only $50 is due now with the due date for the remainder extended until June 1st.
TREKSONOMA – Warnecke Ranch and Ocean Song
Cycle Across Sonoma County
Friday, July 10 thru Sunday, July 12, 2020
(9:30 am Friday to 2 pm Sunday)
($50 deposit online; balance of $275 due on JUNE 1ST)
Includes all meals, drinks, and gear transport from and return to Santa Rosa at the journey’s end.
Food is as locally-sourced and as healthful as possible; chef-prepared.
Access to these amazing properties with a docent.
REGISTRATION OPENS AT 6PM ON SUNDAY, MARCH 22, 2020
LIMITED TO 25 PARTICIPANTS - WAIT LIST AVAILABLE ONCE THE TOUR FILLS
NOTE: Each participant needs to sign up separately
Santa Rosa Cycling Club and LandPaths warmly invite you to join us this fall for another unparalleled outdoor adventure - three days spent cycling and trekking through our local landscape to two amazing preserves. This tour offers a chance to experience the landscape as a connected whole - to see it as habitat for wildlife, plants and humans alike. It's a rare chance to grapple firsthand with a patchwork of barriers and access points that both humans and wildlife face when traversing open spaces and waterways of our county.
This tour, especially the time spent on the preserves, allows us to sink into a different rhythm with the land and each other. We'll enjoy communal meals, music and evenings around a campfire, pitching tents at scenic campsites. Gear will be shuttled, allowing participants to spend the day with only a day pack, as we focus on local food and vistas, celebrating the great natural resources and agricultural landscapes of Sonoma County.
- Day 1: Participants will meet on Friday July 10 at Finley Park in Santa Rosa (park in the lot off Stony Pt Rd), drop off camping gear (see below), and ride to Warnecke Ranch in Healdsburg. Rides from 20-50+ miles are available. Setup camp, hike the preserve and enjoy a meal with fellow participants. And bring your swimsuits, the ranch has access to the river!
- Day 2: Ride from Warnecke to Ocean Song on Saturday July 11. This property was just purchased by LandPaths and we will be the first group to camp there. Rides from 35-50+ miles are available. Setup camp, participate in stewardship activities, and enjoy a meal with fellow participants.
- Day 3: Ride back to the start on Sunday July 12. Rides from 25-45 miles are available. TrekSonoma staff will meet you with your gear.
- Note: there are options to make rides longer and/or more challenging. The low end mileage for each ride listed above is the minimum riding distance each day. All participants need to be able to complete the rides from location-to-location each day. SAG is NOT available to transport participants. Assistance will be provided for emergencies/mechanical issues ONLY. Note that all routes to Ocean Song require some degree of challenging climbing (Coleman Valley Rd), but you have most of the day to get there!
Meeting time and location:
- 9:30 am, July 10 at Finley Park. Bring your camping gear (see below). Rides will depart around 10 am (we will have a lunch you can bring on the road).
- We expect to end the trip around 2 pm on Sunday, July 12 in the same location.
- Additional information will be forwarded to trip participants in advance.
Cycling routes: multiple routes to choose from – something for all skill and pace levels. Routes will be sent to participants and will range from 20-50+ miles. There will be no SAG vehicle; participants need to be self-sufficient on the rides.
What to Bring:
- Participants need to bring their own sleeping bag, pad and tent (rental of tents and air mats available), bike, riding gear, and clothes/toiletries for the evening. LandPaths shuttles the luggage (one small bag/duffle) and equipment between night stays.
- Note that these are not campgrounds - there are limited facilities. There will be portable restrooms and only solar showers.
- Day pack/string bag (for lunch/snacks), water bottle, and miscellany for rides.
- A complete gear list will be made available prior to the trip to all registered participants.
LandPaths Will Provide:
- All group camping gear (kitchen, cooking gear, Loo, bathing station, dining tent)
- Beautifully prepared healthy foods with some gluten free options. If you have dietary restrictions, please let us know and be sure to pack what you need in order to stay nourished.
- Meals provided: "bag" lunch Fri/Sat/Sun; dinner Fri and Sat; breakfast Sat and Sun.
AND... by participating in this tour, you will be supporting a local non-profit with a mission to foster a love of the land in Sonoma County. LandPaths creates ways for people to experience the beauty, understand the value, and assist in healing the land in their local communities. SRCC has been a long time supporter of LandPaths.
- Participants will need to sign a liability waiver.
- There will be an emergency vehicle at the camping spot that can transport participants in the case of an emergency.
Refunds of tour payments will depend upon whether a replacement rider signs up, and on costs that can be recouped. The amount refunded will be based on the principle that neither the tour’s remaining participants nor the Club will incur any additional cost as a result of cancellations. If the cancelling participant is replaced, a refund will be made at that time, less a $25 fee. If the cancelling participant can't be replaced, any refund will be determined after the tour and final expenses are tabulate
Note: tour cancellation fees vary based on tour costs and financial obligations.
We reserve the right to cancel or modify trips for any reason if circumstances make it necessary. In the event that SRCC needs to cancel, we will do our best to provide a 30 day notice and a full refund for monies received. Refunds will be for the tour fee only, less any costs expended and not refunded to SRCC due to the cancellation, and do not include transportation, hotel or other expenses incurred on the part of tour participants. Tours are generally held rain or shine. Thanks for your support and understanding.
Note that registration for SRCC tours is open to current club members only.